Saturday, August 9, 2008

red

Took a trip to the flea market today to get out of the house for a while, this is what I scored...

I know this teapot looks orange, but it's really a pretty shade of tomato red, one of my absolute favorite colors! The lady gave it to me for 25 cents because it has a small chip in the lid, can you say SOLD?! lol I will probably put a pretty little ivy in it and set it on a window shelf.

When I was little my Mom had these same little biscuit cutters, and if I'm not mistaken may have even had the same pastry utensil. The lady that was selling these had so many red vintage kitchen items for sale that it was difficult to choose which to take home. I would love to have taken all of them but I had a limit on money that I wanted to spend. I was able to get all of these for $5.00. Since we decided to go ahead and do mostly white in the kitchen with a red backsplash and accents I think these will look great on a wall or shelf somewhere!
~C. just shook his head when I showed him, he doesn't get it, but he will... Since our house is an old farmhouse, 100+ years old, it would have been a sin to pass these up, don't you think?

Hope you've found a fun way to spend your weekend! ~Tiff

4 people had this to say:

Unknown said...

I love red! My kitchen is accented in red ... canisters, plates, mugs, utensils, decor, and all. What great finds!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I never find good stuff when I go to those things...seriously...those things are so vintage and cute!

One man's trash another man's treasure right?

Shelle (BlokThoughts)

Tiffany said...

Thanks Girls!
You know, I don't usually find anything either, usually it's all complete junk....

From A Creative Heart said...

Great finds!!!! We need to go shopping together....
Hugs,
Debbie

 
design by suckmylolly.com