Monday, December 8, 2008

When I drive down Main St. in the evening, surrounded by tourists, I realize how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful little city. Amidst the hustle and bustle of window shoppers, horse drawn carriages, twinkling lights, I am filled with the Christmas spirit and enjoy taking every bit of it in! Tourists abound, visiting our city, just to say they have been to Bethlehem at Christmas, makes me giggle inside. When I pass them on the street, I wonder if they think that I am lucky to live here all year long. If they would ask me, my answer would be "yes", and that it is just as beautiful in all of the other 3 seasons of the year as it is in winter...



Every year, the weekend after Thanksgiving, city employees work diligently at getting Bethlehem ready for Christmas. Every light pole you see has a small tree attached to it, the candles go up at the top of the Hill to Hill bridge, and the star, we can't forget the Bethlehem Star at the top of South Mountain, all just waiting patiently to be lit! THEN we know it's Christmas time! And what a sight to behold!
And while I miss home, as well as my family and friends, terribly, I can't help but hope that they are happy for us here in the little town of Bethlehem at Christmas time...



Until next time, stay warm, and try to remember, when the holidays get stressful, as they do for everyone, that the most important things at Christmas are Peace, Love, and Joy to all, and remembering the real "Reason for the Season".



Happy Holidays to you all!

With love,

Chad and Tiffany

5 people had this to say:

Unknown said...

wow those pix are amazing...you do live in a lovely town and it's called Bethlehem thats COOL!

Growin' With It said...

it sounds like "your inn" is getting full too with family coming and staying. okay, dorkey but couldn't help it!

binks said...

I love those quaint little towns. And that is so cool to say you live in Bethlehem, especially at this time of the year.
The pictures are so pretty.
I love Casting Crowns too.
My Tenn. friend's son sang in a choir on one of their new Christmas songs, Bells on Christmas Day. If you haven't heard it, it is an awesome song. But, I am sure you have. :)

From A Creative Heart said...

Love the pictures!!! Great post!!
HUGS,
Debbie

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I love posts that make me smile and this one did just that! Thanks Tiff! :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com