Tuesday, March 3, 2009

just a little heads up

I wanted to let everyone know that I'm considering moving my blog over to Wordpress... Blogger seems to be experiencing more and more issues every day and it totally freaks me out to think about losing all of the archives, pictures, etc.! Nothing against Blogger, and I'm not trying to jump ship, I swear, I just feel like Blogger is experimenting a little too much for my taste is all...
It's not a firm decision yet, but just wanted to let y'all know that I'm thinking about it. I've been playing around with it when I have a few minutes here and there and am loving some of the options that Wordpress offers! For one, you have the option to import all of your posts and photos over from most other blogging sources, I tried it just for the fun of it, and it worked!
So tell me, have any of you had any experience with Wordpress? If so, what is your opinion on it?

6 people had this to say:

Goob said...

my only experience with wordpress was very negative. I found the service to be slow and difficult to navigate. On the other hand, I was using it because my boss paid 5000 dollars to some kids to build him a professional website...they built him a wordpress blog made it look pretty and called it a professional website. I had hundreds if not thousands of images I needed to upload and edit and it was not the appropriate tool for that. So, actually, I'm not quite sure why I'm commenting since this is afterall a blog you're talking about, and blogs are what wordpress was built for, not commercial websites.

sara said...

i have not, but I am also frustrated with some of the things happening at blogger. let me know what you find out!

Growin' With It said...

i know nothing about wordpress, but the challenge of learning a new program sounds cool. i've had the blog nightmare of losing my posts. since then i do this:
https://www.bloggled.com not sure if that helps?

Maggie May said...

i don't know anything about it either, but i have noticed people move back and forth.

binks said...

I think Georgie used to have a Wordpress site. You should ask her.

Unknown said...

Hello everyone on here my name is Fumo Sadiku living in Malindi City Kenyan I want to tell a little more about a good hearted man called Mr Pedro working with funding service as loan officer, Mr Pedro helped me get a loan of 37,115,225.00 Shillings on my trying time trying to get back on my feet to raise my business I know there are some of you here who are in financial difficulties to talk to Mr Pedro pedroloanss@gmail.com I'm so glad for what he did for me and for his Bank accountant as well Accountant Hernandez Lucas Thank you very much for your work well done.

 
design by suckmylolly.com