Sunday, March 2, 2008

March

Oh how I long to taste the sweet lips of spring!

Is there a poem that says that somewhere? Because if there isn't, there should be. This winter has been something else. Cold one minute, then teasing us all with a preview of spring... but mostly just a lot of cold minutes. I'm so ready to get out of this house and do things with the sun shining on my face and back! To feel my hands in the earth again...

Mother Nature, I love ya, but please, would you cut us a break and send some warmth our way?

Thanks...
I don't know how many of you read Simple Abundance, by Sarah Ban Breathnach, but every year I read through this book, and every year I am surprised at things I didn't notice from the year before... Each day I look forward to the post for that day and am never disappointed in what I read, I highly recommend it to everyone!
Forgot to write about it turning March yesterday, I always get so excited when March comes along, knowing that soon old man Winter will head off into the distance to hibernate somewhere else, and Spring will start to show her pretty face. People will start to come out of their homes for gardening, biking, or whatever else people do when the weather warms up. I don't spend too much more time outdoors in the spring than I do the winter, but how awesome is it to be able to open up the windows to let the fresh air in?! Even spring cleaning doesn't bother me then, and if you know me, then you know that's BIG, as I'm not a big fan of cleaning. Oh, I do it, but I gripe about it the whole time, people see me with the vacuum and run as fast as they can the other way because they know what's coming next and it's not pretty, lol. I turn into some kind of disgruntled monster then, or so I'm told.
Till next time...

1 people had this to say:

The Vintage Housewife... said...

yes the fresh air..very nice to meet you thank you for makin' this gal feel welcomed . i love the music on your blog...love regina...gal you just got it... cat

 
design by suckmylolly.com