Friday, June 20, 2008

retreat

Today was our annual staff retreat, we were lucky enough to get to hang out at Mauch Chunk Lake, up in Jim Thorpe... I can't think of a better place to "retreat" to...


Plenty of blue skies...

Nice warm water...

Can you imagine a better job?


Yikes! Lots and lots of poison ivy to watch out for!


And on a different note, but sooooo one of the reasons I needed a retreat....
We had internet service with Earthlink for about 4 years, but when someone else offered me a better deal, which translates into paying about a quarter of what we were paying before, well, with prices skyrocketing the way they are I would have been a fool not to take it, right? Also, I am definitely not a fan of companies that outsource to foreign countries, which they do...
So I call earthlink and tell them I want to cancel, they assure me that all is fine and the cancellation would go through as requested with "absolutely no cancellation fee". They immediately cancelled the account, before I was even off the phone with them, in fact... Our new service was in place and we were all happy campers.
Until today...
When I went online to do my daily bank account check there was an early cancellation charge of $167.00!!!
Am I the only one this happens to on a regular basis? And why is it that I now have to spend MY cell phone minutes and MY time contacting OUR bank to take care of overage charges that WE might rcv. if my water bill check bounces before I get the chance to put the extra money in our account? Why is that because of THEIR glitch I now have to do all the work to fix it? They can credit it us the money, but it could take up to two weeks and there is nothing they can possibly do about any charges we may get from the bank... I should have known something was up when she kept calling me Stephanie, no matter how many times I told her it was Tiffany they day I called and cancelled...
Earthlink, YOU STINK!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, stepping down off my soapbox now, thank you for letting me vent...

1 people had this to say:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

No you are NOT the only one that happens too! I use to work as a bank teller and I felt for people when this happened to them. Like you said, you most likely will be able to get charges reversed...but its time and more MONEY...So that reeks...I usually just ask for a manager or something...but from what it sounded they seemed like they weren't going to charge you a fee!

BTW...I also worked as a lifeguard :) it's a cushy job...can get boring at time if there is not very many people to watch!

 
design by suckmylolly.com