Wednesday, October 1, 2008

oh brother...

Okay, you know I just couldn't leave y'all hangin'. I know you've been on the edge of your seat wanting to know if I got fired or not, now haven't you? lol
So I go in this morning and the executive director shows up and tells me that she's lost my July and August stats AGAIN! Yes, that's right, I said AGAIN. All month, every month, I work on stats to be turned in at the end of each month. I am really obsessive at being on time with every single little thing that I do, always. I'm not kidding y'all, if I think I'm going to be late for something I totally freak out. And for my Mom, who will eventually read this, I really wish I wasn't this way, but it's in my wiring or something!
Anyhoo... sorry, got off track.
So she tells me she lost them AGAIN, and I know at that time I could have caught horseflies as wide open as my mouth was. Kinda like this:

How in the world do you lose something that's soooo important, TWICE? I mean come on! How can you sit and talk about funding all the time and then keep losing the single piece of paper that is the source of that funding. And y'all, get this, she says "well, you know how you have something in your hand and you're looking at it, but then you lay it down for a minute and when you turn back around to pick it up it's just gone????" All I could say was "no, that never really happens to me." HA! And this is why that happened to her, because her desk looks like this:


So in the midst of the bedbuglicescabiesfleasstomachbug fiasco, opening the door for everyone, answering a zillion phone calls, helping the residents with any needs they have, listening to staff buzz all around my head like gnats, I am ordered to get my stats together by the end of the day or else...
Good thing I didn't call in sick today, what do you think she would have done then?
Yes I'm feeling sorry for myself, I know it's not very becoming of me, I know...
Has anyone seen my mind running around anywhere???
On the upside, I still have a job. Or I guess that's on the upside anyway.

So this kind of stuff is a huge pet peeve of mine, people always demanding stuff from me when I've already obviously got one too many peas on my plate. Anyone else deal with this kind of stuff on a regular basis? Please tell me I'm not the only one, I know y'all have got some horror stories to tell.
Anyway, tomorrow's another day, and I shall hopefully have something to blog about besides myself, thanks for listening to me rant and rave, if you've made it this far! LOL

Tiff

3 people had this to say:

Nan said...

Oh Tiff, you life is way more interesting then mine, granted I would like a little excitement once in awhile but I'll keep the boredom if it means I can escape the lice, fleas, bed bugs, virus, and what ever else you have to deal with!

I'll pray for your patience as well, since it can't hurt and might help.

whitey said...

REALLY DOES HER DESK LOOK LIKE THAT?!? I would call that a fire hazzard.

Unknown said...

Whew. You were making me nervous.

 
design by suckmylolly.com