Thursday, November 20, 2008

winds of change...

On my way to work this morning I was looking at the leafless trees and the beginnings of winter all around me. There was no breeze, and while all was still, there was something stirring in my heart and I can feel changes taking place as I begin to learn to take focus in life off of myself and place it on to other things that matter much more than I. And God says

"now you are ready"...

He reaches deep inside of me and stirs things around and I can feel His presence like never before.
No longer is it about what He can do for me, but what I can do to give back to Him and others. I have been so blessed in life, given everything I could ever want, and far more than I could ever need. I demanded things from God and then wondered why my requests weren't met.
I've damanded that He show me what it is that I was put on this earth to do, instead of preparing for whatever was in store for me. He told me over and over to be still and listen, but I never did. I was in it for what felt good and right at the moment and nothing else, although I didn't realize it at the time.
But now I see that it is not about me, not in the least...

and I am ready...






4 people had this to say:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful and inspiring! Thank you for sharing that.

From A Creative Heart said...

Love what you had to say....
Please know that I have not forgotten about you...I was thinking of your sweet grandson and praying for him...just haven't been on posting much.
HUGS to you!!!!
Deb

Gail said...

Inspiring! Hoping the whole world figures that out.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I love it when you do these posts and remind me of what is important! Thanks tiff...

 
design by suckmylolly.com