Friday, December 19, 2008

bloggy blah and a friday fill-in

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, I guess I need to come to terms with the fact that I'm a fair weather blogger, lol.... just kidding, I've certainly written about my fair share of troubles and not just all sunshine and happiness.
It's been snowing/sleeting like a banshee all day and I just about killed myself and a few other unsuspecting drivers on my way home from work. Thank goodness they let us go early or it probably would have actually happened! My car was sliding down the hill and I thought my brakes went out, I pumped and pumped but the pedal would barely go down. Miraculously I was able to stop at the busy intersection and when I looked down the oil light was on, what in the world??? And then when I went to go I realized that during my slip sliding down the hill, the car had actually died and I didn't know it because I had the heater full blast and couldn't hear anything but that! That explained the brake and oil light situation. One turn of the key and all was well. thank you Jesus!
So I finally got home and quickly changed into the warmest pajamas I could find and haven't done a single thing since except read blogs, emails, and eat a yummy dinner that hubby made!
Hoping to catch up on everything this weekend if I get the chance. Feeling like I'm coming down with some kidn of bug so I may do more reading catching up than writing! Oh, and I can't forget playing on Facebook lol Loves me some FB y'all!! Being able to keep up with family and play silly little games like I was a teenager again and having a blast with it!
Looking forward to tomorrow, it's my baby girl's birthday and I'm making her an extra special treat, can't wait till she sees it! But I won't post it here until after the fact just in case, by remote chance, she might be reading this. lol
Hope you're all having a fantastic weekend so far. Go out and do something fun, unless you're in blizzard land like us, and in that case, stay in and do something even more fun ;o)

Till next time, here's a Friday fill-in for ya...

1. Snowflakes are EVERYWHERE!!!!!
2. I'm going to wrap some gifts and crawl in bed with some tv...
3. Forever, by Ben Harper, is a song whose lyrics have meaning to me.
4. Just one sip and my thirst is quenched.
5. Home is where I'm happiest.
6. I believe that spending time alone is a necessary part of life.

8 people had this to say:

Gail said...

Have fun with the party!
I pick #5 and #6.
Glad you made it home safely. Lots of people have had this mess lately.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I'm in blizzard land...and getting a little stir crazy :)

Ky said...

Well, it was 80 degrees here yesterday and I'm NOT happy. Although I guess the plus side is that I wouldn't be happy if I had to shovel snow either LOL

What's up with C.? Is that being of Winter break?

Happy B'day Ms. N.!

Tiffany said...

Thanks everyone, I will pass on the Birthday wishes!
Ky, yes, Chad's on winter break at the college and already going stir-crazy, he's only been off for a couple days, imagine after a month? All I know is the boy needs to find a hobby or something! lol
Sarah, I'm so sorry you're stuck in Blizzard-land too. I get the whole White Christmas thing but geeeeesss... lol
Thanks Gail, I like numbers 5&6 too :o)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

As a fellow ice-negotiator, I can relate and sympathize to the scary moment. I'm so glad you're OK.

binks said...

Oh, my. Glad you're safe and sound with no incidents.
I get freaked out when I have to drive in the rain. I can't imagine having to drive in the ice and snow.
Hope your birthday plans are fabulous - tell your "baby" Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

That snow was horrible here too. It's nice to hear you made it safe and sound.

Unknown said...

I was actually sweating as I was out shopping today. Wish we could get snow again.

Get over your bug. I'm trying to get over mine.

 
design by suckmylolly.com