Saturday, August 2, 2008

mixin' things up

I guess it's obvious that I've decided to change things up a bit here at my home in Blogland... finally figured out how to make the banner pic smaller, it was HUGE before (in case you hadn't noticed lol) Any and all constructive criticism is welcome here, I promise it won't hurt my feelings if you tell me you hate the new look :o) Not that I'll probably change it, mind you, since it really is my blog, mwahahaha... j.k.
I'm also going to be putting the music player back on if I can figure out how to keep it from starting automatically. Don't you love it when you've forgotten to turn your speakers down and end up going to someone's page that has auto start on their music player? And it's even more special when you just wake up and have a cup of coffee in your hand isn't it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So Musikfest started here yesterday, which means Oh Little Town of Bethlehem is crazy chaotic where traffic is concerned. I can't go my normal route to come home from work so it takes me an extra 8 (yes to be exact) minutes on the highway to get home. Normally, in the spirit of all things festive, I wouldn't really care, but with gas prices being sky high, it kinda bugs me a little bit. Okay, so there are much worse things in the world, but I'm still half asleep so I hope you'll excuse this entire post that probably makes no sense at all. Anyway... check out the lineup they have going on, not sure how I'll recover from missing Kool and the Gang and Poison, however I am a little bummed that Stone Temple Pilots is sold out. Maybe I can just go stand next to the tent and hear it from there, hmmm....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In honor of taking on a more simple way of living, I've decided to start replacing certain things in my household with more user/eco friendly products... so stay tuned for a review or two within the next couple days.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friday's Feast has been on a little break for a few weeks, but it seems that Jodi has been playing along to fill in, so without further adieu (how do you spell that anyway?):

Appetizer
If you learned today you were going to die tomorrow, name three things you would do.
1. Cry. a lot.
2. Write a letter to everyone I love, telling them how much they mean to me and the impact they've had on my life.
3. Cling to my family here at home until my very last breath.

Soup
What is your very first memory?
All of my first memories are from when I was 4 years old and lived in a pink house in Arlington, TX. I don't know which one came first though. Playing with the little girl across the street whose house always smelled like vienna sausage, riding my big wheel down the block to watch Speed Racer with all the other neighborhood kids, oh yeah, and not being allowed to play with the little girl on the other side of the block because her parents smoked pot. ha!

Salad
Name one service you are willing to pay for and one you are not.
Hmmm let's see... I am willing to pay for a brushfree carwash. I could wash my car at home but by the time I'm done, I will have wasted more money on water than it costs to go through the carwash. Plus it's always kinda neat to just sit and watch the machine do it's thing.
I will not ever pay for a manicure, pedicure, or hair color. Okay, that's three things but still...

Main Course
Do you make your bed every day?
Okay, I know this is weird, but the only time I ever really make my bed is shortly before I get in it to go to sleep. And even then, it's not very often, we just haven't ever really cared about whether the bed is made or not since we are the only ones that ever see it.

Dessert
Name the most significant thing you learned this week.
Probably that fix-a-flat really does work... profound, I know...

Everyone have a great weekend!

2 people had this to say:

Unknown said...

Wow! Totally took me by surprise with your new blog look. I love it!

Have a good weekend.

Tiffany said...

Thanks!!! I'm kinda lovin the blue :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com