Saturday, September 13, 2008

a little break

Finally took a short break from the weather channel, which I've been obsessed with for the past week. My brother and his family live in the Houston area, so we've been praying really hard for everyone there that has been affected by Hurricane Ike. While it could have been so much worse, it is still so hard to deal with, especially when they are telling everyone there may be no power for 2 to 4 weeks!
Luckily my sister-in-law had saved an old phone that doesn't need electricity to work, just a landline, because there is no receptions for cell phones or wireless internet, unless you drive a ways and park up on the levee.
My niece ~E. says it's not too hot as long as you stay absolutely still, bless her heart. She's been busy trying to keep the baby cool, who, by the way, will only sleep if she's being swaddled. How do you explain to a baby that there's just not going to be any swaddling going on tonight?
Anyway, like I said, we finally took a break from watching the weather and sat down to watch Atlantis on Disney.
See that chair they're sitting in? That thing is magic, I swear... It's the absolute only way that John (Bony Macaroni) will sit still for more than 5 seconds! I don't know what kind of powers it has but we all love it here! lol I think it's actually a beach chair but that's okay, we aren't one for putting on airs...

I'm gonna miss these times when they move all those miles away to Texas!

2 people had this to say:

Unknown said...

Oh. I feel for them. it is so hot down here. We're keeping all of the people in the area in our prayers.

Nan said...

It's all we watched too until we left for Liv's birthday party, we don't even haven anyone in the area, but these kind of storms always feel like they are hitting "HOME" when you've lived through some of them yourself.

 
design by suckmylolly.com